Sunday, April 28, 2013

Waiting

My rosebush blushes pink rosebuds
The tangerines entice
Tomatoes are turning tomato hued
The rosemary smells nice
Beside it candy apple amaryllis
cups its velvet coated leather soft skin
Our garden isn't much to look at from the street
but rich red from within

Red wing birds shake the habitat
from their feathers and flutter, flying away
I feel shiny like a sequin on this
blue and silver sequin shiny day.
I'm waiting for the liilies now
and their cheery cherry passion faces
to bloom against the frontyard fence
and other wormy, sluggy, slippery places.

I'm waiting for the broom swept bougainvillea papers
fuscia like a sunset
to be pushed in a pile on the pink pavers
My garden is like a fresh wrapped roll of assorted Life Savers.

I'm waiting by the door for spingsummer's sweet views
I'm waiting for my life saver, my cafe latte ginger headed you.

No comments: