Saturday, April 20, 2013

A Weekend Alone

Come in the summer, late July. I'm a block from the ocean and she'd love to see you.
I wouldn't.
Lie to me.
Lie in the sand at sunset, and we'll walk to the cliff and skip some rocks and climb up to the corner store. We'll have chocolate shakes and macaroni salad, their macaroni salad's really good, and then go home. We can toast marshmallows in the yard and read poems, then do some yoga in the living room. We'll watch movies, whatever movies you want.
I wouldn't.
Lie to me.
Say you'll be here. Say you will swim with me in the morning and see the craft fair in the afternoon. It'll be fun, you know.
I wouldn't lie to me.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Ilke this one very much, Rosy!

Unknown said...

Unca Ric is Ric of Elin and Ric just so ya know..

Rosie said...

Thanks, Unc! Your facebook post this morning inspired today's poem, Assemblage.