Thursday, April 11, 2013

Day 11: 3 Poems: A Dog, Spring Haiku, Loose Ends



A dog
lunged at me, woke
me from the white
page of meditation
don't doubt
he said
your own truth is
worth reading



Spring Haiku

it's spring and even
in my dreams the kisses are
lingering longer


Loose Ends

Look before you flush
he called over his shoulder
I'm in midlife and should do this because I'm getting older
He speaks from experience. I know what he means
he knows how I hate white lab coats over jeans
Why do I give up on myself?
Why do kisses end quickly?
Is it because I'm too thorny, am I growing too prickly?
dreams are an insult to everyday living
made of tangled vignettes
it's anyone's guess what they're giving
The hug ends too soon
the kids wait for June
and there is nothing new to tell under the moon.The good stuff lies over it, where we all come from and will finally come undone
and become the most brilliant things over the sun
I'm having my fun, my loving, my too-soon-over cuddling
Midlife! I say
as it swirls the rim and flushes away


No comments: