Sunday, April 15, 2012

Day 16: Who Are You After the Guests Have Gone Home?

"Who are you after the guests have gone home?" SARK, from Succulent, Wild Woman

I would like to host an interview party. Serve dinner, read poems, then during dessert play back the interviews taken during appetizers.
I want to know why the priest came here from Poland. I want to know why the man kept playing baseball games no one ever came to see. I want to know why you broke up with your last love. I want someone to ask me how old I was when they started worrying about my head getting too big, and when I first did that dirty word, shut up. How old were you when you shut up? And when you opened again, did you cry? What do you do when the guests have gone home? Clean up? Sit back? Drink? Eat the rest of the cake? Maybe this is the question I will ask you, and we will all sit around and hear the answers together. I will call this project "Interviewing Angels". We would recognize each other and applaud at the end.

1 comment: