Monday, September 1, 2008

3 Day Novel Writing Contest

I finished my first book. In three days. Any closet writers out there, check out this contest. It's held every Labor Day weekend. 30,000 or so entries are received. Mine will be one of them. I'm computer weary right now, but I feel so good about what I've just done. My story has a beginning, middle, and end. They flow together. Sometimes it's interesting. The point is, I did it. Every entrant gets a certificate of completion. There are money prizes. There is a grand prize of publication. I must say, though, I did it for the certificate of completion! I have several stories on my laptop, none of which has an ending. I want my story to be read and recognized. Hey, I want to be seen and heard. I've always wanted that.
I feel so good right now! I heard November is Novel Writing Month. Those sissies! A whole month! I'm in!

1 comment:

The Real Cat Woman said...

Congratulations Rosie! I knew you could do it. I hope you'll post your novel so we can read that too someday.

Becky